I enjoy teaching and supervision, and have had the pleasure of supervising multiple successful thesis projects at UoE, UvA and UoA.
Current available projectsBSc Computing Science - 2022/23
University of Aberdeen
- A Creative Writing Collaborative Tool using Large Language Models. Rahul Baburajan, Master's Thesis, MSc AI, 2022.
- Expression Repetition in Dialogue. Yee Jun Sen, Master's Thesis, MSc AI, 2022.
- Semantic Alignment in Dialogue. Prashasthi Narendra Gowdar, Master's Thesis, MSc AI, 2022.
- Alignment in Contextualised Dialogue Generation. Konstantinos Skouras, Master's Thesis, MSc AI, 2022.
University of Amsterdam
- A Plug and Play Approach to Age-Adaptive Dialogue Generation. Lennert Jansen, MSc thesis, MSc AI, 2022
- Leveraging context in tutoring dialogue response generation. Eui Yeon Jang, Master's Project, MSc AI, 2021.
- A Study of Long-Term Alignment in Dialogues of Varying Size. Guijing Xu, Master's Thesis, MSc AI, 2021.
- Neural Language Modelling of Dialogue Act Sequences in Varying Contexts (abstract), Alexandra Spruit, Bachelors Thesis, FNWI BSc Kunstmatige Intelligentie 2020
- Disfluency in Dialogue: Analyzing the effect of group size on the level of disfluencies and speaker convergence in informal dialogues (abstract), Ghislaine Boogerd, Bachelors Thesis, FNWI BSc Kunstmatige Intelligentie 2020
Universtiy of Aberdeen
- Data Mining with Deep Leaning, CS552J - Data Mining with Deep Learning, University of Aberdeen, MSc AI, 2022 - Course Coordinator, co-taught with Mingjun Zhong
- Enterprise Software Development, CS551Q: Enterprise Software Development, University of Aberdeen, MSc IT, 2022 - Course Coordinator, co-taught with Bruce Scharlau
- Research Methods, CS4040: Research Methods, University of Aberdeen, BSc Hons, 2022 - Course Coordinator, co-taught with Aiden Durrant
- Alignment in Humans and Language Models, Computational Cognitive Science, University of Edinburgh, 2021 - Guest Lecture
- Dialogue Modelling, Natural Language Processing 1, University of Amsterdam, 2021 - Guest Lecture
- Introduction to Natural Language Processing, Proefstuderen, University of Amsterdam, 2021, 2020, 2019
I am currently advertising for a PhD student (deadline January 2023) in the Department of Computer Science at the University of Aberdeen. The project will fall within the areas of Dialogue modelling and Computational Lingusitics with potential for projects in interpretability and evaluation. If you are interested in these areas and in working with me, please get in contact via email: arabella dot sinclair at abdn dot ac dot uk.Full Project Description